27 A - Reading Reflection No.3
27A - Reading Reflection No. 3
1. The book I read was Coco Chanel by Lisa Chaney. It was a detailed report of Chanel's private life and her creation of Chanel. The thing I most admired about Coco Chanel is that she marched to the beat of her own drum, and did what she liked, whenever she liked. The thing I least admired about Chanel is that she was often reckless, even if it meant sacrificing her brand and the people who worked for her. Coco Chanel was constantly encountering adversity as a women leading a huge brand in the 1900s. She simply worked harder than any of her competitors to get to where she is today.
2. The number one competency Chanel had was determination. She would not take no for an answer. When turned down, she would find something to change or evolve, so that next time she wouldn't be. Chanel was also an extremely hard worker. She sacrificed many things in her personal life to make sure her brand succeeded.
3. At one point in the story, Chanel follows her heart and end up taking a German official lover during WWII. This is a decision that she knew could completely destroy her brand in parts of the world fighting the Germans. Throughout this read, I could never understand Chanel's reckless behavior when it came to her brand.
4. What was the best design you ever created? What is one thing you would change?
5. I believe Chanel has a very intense view on hard work. She came from nothing and was able to invent herself into the modern women every girl wanted to be. She didn't get there without working hard and giving things up.
Hey Emma,
ReplyDeleteI was looking into this book for my reading reflection but happened to choose a different one. I am glad I was able to get your analysis on the novel however, and I think that the questions you chose for her are awesome. She has grown into a world wide name and therefore I would also love to know if she has any regrets or want to change something of her own. Overall you did a great job on your post, thanks for sharing!