24A - Venture Concept No. 1
24A- Venture Concept No. 1
Do you ever go to the grocery store and feel overwhelmed by the amount of product you see sitting on the shelf? You wander the aisles aimlessly trying to decide what will work best for you, but you still feel like it's all too much. This is a common problem that I was observing. Consumers are constantly overwhelmed with choices and decisions, and many times, they are uninformed to make those decisions.
Currently, there is a large opportunity in this market. There is an opportunity, because consumers value their time at a higher price than ever before, and are always looking for ways to save time, and there is an opportunity, because there is not a product like this currently on the market.
This is why I have created an app that helps consumers choose the best products possible. Following is a quick walk through of the app. The consumer would download the app. They would then log in, and type an item they were looking for, for example toilet paper. From there, they would set 1-5 preferences of characteristics that matter to them. The app would then generate a brand of toilet paper that it believes the consumer would get the most satisfaction from. The app would also have a feature that allowed consumers to preset brand preferences, and then pushing notifications when that specific brand goes on sale. And it would have a feature that allowed consumers to scan a specific barcode in the store and learn about a product.
Customers would not really have to switch to this product since there are really no current alternatives to it on the market. They would more just have to start using it. The hardest part about getting consumers to use this product will be just getting consumers to know that this product is out there.
I have a list of many resources that will help in making this venture work. My most valuable resource is my work ethic and dedication to being successful in whatever I set my mind to. Ever since I was a little girl, I have always given everything I do 110%. I believe it is crucial to the success of an organization to have good people behind the idea, supporting it.
Next for this venture is working with software engineers to perfect the user experience, and then taking the product to the consumers.
In the next five years, I hope to sell this company and pursue my passion of working in the retail design industry.
Hi Emma,
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I think because you went into such great detail about your application and how it will benefit the user, this post was especially easy to go about. Now that I fully understand the ins and outs of your app I could definitely see myself using it to help save myself some time and energy. I also think the best thing you could do for the creation of this application is taking it to some well known software engineers to help get to exactly where you want it to be. Not only will they help you create your vision but they can add in their own flare that will make it unique in its own way!