21A - Reading Reflection No. 2

21A - Reading Reflection No. 2

General Theme / Argument:
The book I chose to read for the second half of the class was The Art of Social Media, Power Tips for Power Users by Guy Kawasaki.  Throughout the book, the author gives multiple tips and tricks to help create and sustain a powerful image on social media.  Some of the things they teach you how to do include posting appealing content, attracting more followers, and optimizing your digital profile.

Connection with ENT 3003:
I personally believe that this book was a great asset to pair with ENT3003.  Throughout this course, we have been learning how to solve problems, and create ideas that can potentially turn into lucrative businesses.  We now live in a time where having a social presence is necessary for your business to succeed.  This book teaches some tips that we can use as entrepreneurs if we decide to ever have a business of our own.

Design an Exercise:
Create a social media platform for your company.  It can be on any social media website that you like, but it must showcase what your company and idea have to offer.

Biggest Surprise:
The biggest surprise for me was the number of followers that the author advises on.  The author states that it is better to have a smaller number of very active followers, than it is to have a large number of very inactive followers.  This surprised me, because I always just assumed you wanted a large number of followers to get your ideas out to more people.

Comments

  1. Hi Emma,

    I think that this book was a great choice for our reading assignment. Although this is not the particular book that I chose to read, I can see that it had a great impact on you and an incredible connection to ent3003. With that being said I think you did a great job analyzing and composing your blog post for this book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma,

    This book sounds very interesting, maybe I should pick it up and give it a try one of these days. I think your idea for an in class assignment could be very useful for ENT3003, some hands on experience could be incredibly helpful for a class like this where we mostly just write posts. Trying to attract legitimate fans to the social media page of a hypothetical business would be very difficult, but I think that if students could pull it off it would show that they actually understood the lesson.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment