19A - Idea Napkin No. 2
1. My name is Emma! I am a junior at the University of Florida studying Marketing with a minor in Retail Studies. I think it's fun to try and solve problems in a new and exciting way. If this product were to take off, I could see it branching out into so much than just grocery items. I would not want this to be my livelihood though. I would use this app to get my name out there, so I could do something I am more passionate about.
2. The product I am offering to customers is an application that can help narrow down the many choices that consumers have, particularly when shopping at the grocery store. Consumers would download the app, input their preferences, and then receive the app's brand recommendation. This would help consumers save time and brain power on small purchases, such as household goods.
3. The consumer I would initially like to target is young adults who are slightly indecisive about their home buying decisions. This would likely mean that I am targeting young professions and college aged children. I believe this is due to the fact that college students are out on their own for the first time, doing a lot of their own grocery shopping. The same thing goes for young professionals. These people are unsure of which brands and preferences to go for, so they would look to the app for help.
4. Not only would this app help consumers save time, but it would also help them save brain power. Instead of having to sit in the aisles and read about each individual product in a category, consumers could just input their preferences into the app, and then choose the app's recommendation when they get to their grocery store.
5. My core competencies as an individual are hard work and determination. I have been blessed enough to grow up watching a parent who worked very hard and always did the absolute most. This has taught me to always continue to strive for excellence in everything that I do.
Most of the feedback I got was fairly positive, so I tried to use my original ideas, but expand a little more on them. Since I have had a few more weeks to fine tune this product, it was a little bit easier to come up with some more details.
2. The product I am offering to customers is an application that can help narrow down the many choices that consumers have, particularly when shopping at the grocery store. Consumers would download the app, input their preferences, and then receive the app's brand recommendation. This would help consumers save time and brain power on small purchases, such as household goods.
3. The consumer I would initially like to target is young adults who are slightly indecisive about their home buying decisions. This would likely mean that I am targeting young professions and college aged children. I believe this is due to the fact that college students are out on their own for the first time, doing a lot of their own grocery shopping. The same thing goes for young professionals. These people are unsure of which brands and preferences to go for, so they would look to the app for help.
4. Not only would this app help consumers save time, but it would also help them save brain power. Instead of having to sit in the aisles and read about each individual product in a category, consumers could just input their preferences into the app, and then choose the app's recommendation when they get to their grocery store.
5. My core competencies as an individual are hard work and determination. I have been blessed enough to grow up watching a parent who worked very hard and always did the absolute most. This has taught me to always continue to strive for excellence in everything that I do.
Most of the feedback I got was fairly positive, so I tried to use my original ideas, but expand a little more on them. Since I have had a few more weeks to fine tune this product, it was a little bit easier to come up with some more details.
Hi Emma,
ReplyDeleteI have just recently decided that I as well am going to be majoring in marketing and am so excited to get started! I find it interesting that you would like to use this app to simply get your name out there rather than using it as a stable job, which I completely understand. Your core competencies help to make you stand out clearly and I am so happy that you have been able to get fairly positive feedback thus far in our journey with these products. Keep up the good work !
Hi Emma,
ReplyDeleteI like your product of brand recommendation app because I do have this kind of problem all the time when I want to buy something. I usually spend lots of time on deciding which brand to buy and which brand has the lowest price and good quality. This app really saves time for people like me. It's good to hear that you have all the positive feedbacks!