18A- Create a Customer Avatar
18A- Create a Customer Avatar
Overview:
Our prototypical customer would be a young adult (18-32) who is out on their own for the first time, and having to make new decisions that they haven't had to make before. These decisions are mainly based on grocery shopping and household products.
Specifics:
- Young professional or college aged student.
- Lives in an urban or suburban area.
- Has lived on their own (no parents or roommate) for less than 18 months.
- Likes to be informed when making decisions.
- Gets overwhelmed when there are too many options.
- They most likely do not have any children yet, as they are not confident enough to make decisions for others just yet.
I do also have a hard time making decisions occasionally, especially when I have too many options to choose from. I am a 21 year old college student, who has no children, and likes to be informed when making a decision.


Hey Emma,
ReplyDeleteI loved going through and reading about your prototypical customer. I think it is to your advantage that you are able to best understand who you will be marketing to and how you can approach selling your product. The best thing to know is how to get a buyers attention, and once you know who exactly your buyer is, you will be able to do just that. Great job!
Hi Emma,
ReplyDeleteYou did a really great job making this as specific as you could. Funnily enough, your avatar sounds a lot like many of my friends here in Gainesville. I like that you have expanded your segment to include young professionals in in addition to college students. I know most students don't have much of a disposable income, so including young professionals should definitely help bring in some funds.