14A- Halfway Reflection
14A- Halfway Reflection
1. The number one skill that I would encourage any student of this class to have is good time management. It is so important to make sure you are keeping up with the assignments and getting them done ahead of time, because it is so easy to fall behind and then feel very overwhelmed. I would encourage every student to get a planner and write down specific due dates of every assignment and cupcake.
2. While I do enjoy this course, I sometimes find it hard to balance with my other courses, especially on weeks that are very exam heavy in my other classes. During my first round of exams, I fell behind on some of my blog posts and ended up missing one. I felt so mad at myself and wanted to give up. But then I reminded myself that it is only one assignment, and we will always face bumps along the road. It's how we respond to those bumps that define our levels of success in life. After I missed that assignment, I made it a priority to get all assignments done ahead of time, and make sure that every date in my planner was correct. I wasn't letting myself give up, I just had to reevaluate what I was doing.
3. Tip #1: Buy a planner and write down every due date the first day of class.
Tip #2: Don't beat yourself up if you miss an assignment or two, just don't make a habit of it.
Tip #3: Read the feedback your peers give you and ask for clarification if you are confused at all.

Hi Emma,
ReplyDeleteAt the beginning of this semester I also unfortunately missed an assignment in this class. To me that is one of the most frustrating things to attempt to get over because the only person you can blame is yourself and I feel as though we always have so much pressure to do well. I am also someone who struggles with time management so I agree that to be successful one has to be able to plan accordingly and make the time to complete all the assignments. Along with that your tips are very useful and could definitely help students in the future.
Emma,
ReplyDeleteSome very helpful advice here. I'm jealous that you have the self control to sit down and get all of my work done ahead of time, but I find it incredibly difficult to do.I have time management skills, but many of my other classes do not have regular due dates, so I find myself putting these assignments on the back burner. I know how frustrating it can be to miss an assignment when things get busy, it happened to me in a different class last week.
I think your tips are very helpful, these are the exact same tips i think would be best used in this course and all college courses for that matter. I think it makes a big difference in life if you plan and prepare yourself. I find it challenging as well to keep up with some of these tasks only because they are a bit tedious.
ReplyDeleteHi Emma,
ReplyDeleteyou have gave really good advice up there. Managing time is really important especially taking this course because there are no quizzes or exams so arrange what to do every day does help people to finish this course successfully. I will surely take your advice as well for my future study, and wish you have a nice rest of the semester!