11A - Idea Napkin No. 1

11A - Idea Napkin No.1


1.  My name is Emma Calvert.  Some character traits I possess are determination, thoughtfulness, and out of the box thinking.  I always try and look at life's problems in a new way, which is how I came up with this product idea.  If this product were to take off, I could see it branching out into so much more than just common grocery items.  It could be used in e-commerce to help shoppers pick out the . perfect outfit, or even implemented for bigger purchases, such as cars.

2. The product I am offering to customers is an application that can help narrow down the many choices that consumers have, particularly when shopping at the grocery store.  Consumers would download the app, input their preferences, and then receive the app's brand recommendation.  This would help consumers save time and brain power on small purchases, such as household goods.

3. The consumer I would initially like to target would be one who maybe isn't quite sure of what is what at the grocery store.  Throughout my interviews, I gained that this product seemed to be liked by college students.  I believe this is due to the fact that college students are out on their own for the first time, doing a lot of their own grocery shopping.  They are unsure of which brands and preferences to go for, so they would look to the app for help. 

4. Not only would this app help consumers save time, but it would also help them save brain power.  Instead of having to sit in the aisles and read about each individual product in a category, consumers could just input their preferences into the app, and then choose the app's recommendation when they get to their grocery store.

5. My core competencies as an individual are hard work and determination.  I have been blessed enough to grow up watching a parent who worked very hard and always try their best.  This has taught me to always continue to strive for excellence in everything that I do.

Overall, I believe that all five aspects of my business fit together, but could use a little more fine tuning.  Like any business, the kinks will be worked out over time.  I am confident that with hard work and determination this business could succeed.

Comments

  1. Hey Emma,

    I would like to also believe that my core competencies are very similar to your own. Hard work and determination is something that has been a driving force behind everything that I am able to accomplish. Due to these characteristics you can accomplish anything that you put your mind too, including this very product. This product is something that could be so helpful when it comes to saving time and energy, and I believe that you have done a great job at marketing it thus far as well. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment