2A - Bug List

2A - Bug List 


1. People sit on their phones at stop lights and then don't realize that the light has turned green.
WHY? - People are busy, and selfish, and don't realize how stupid it is to be on your phone 
in the car, even if you are stopped.

2. My boyfriend's apartment never seems to be as clean as mine.
WHY? - My boyfriend is a full time student and works a full time job, so he may not 
have as much free time to clean his apartment.

3. Every class I have this semester uses a different platform 
to communicate, so it can get confusing.
WHY? - Professors choose the best software for their specific class, and there is no technical UF Regulation on which software teachers are required to use.

4. Courses that are back to back periods, but on opposite sides of campus.
WHY? - UF offers many courses, and it just happened to work out that two of mine this semester are back to back and far away from each other.

5. People walk too slowly on the side walk, and then take up too much space to walk around.
WHY? - Sometimes people aren't in a hurry and just want to enjoy the world around them without rushing.

6. Cars that park over the line of the designated parking spot.
WHY? - The car may be too big to fit in the spot in the first place.

7. When my roommates come home late and decide to be loud in the living room.
WHY? - My roommate is a night owl, and I am a morning person.

8. My phone bluetooth doesn't always connect to my car, and then I have to manually do it.
WHY? - I have an older model of car which is not be completely up to current technology standards.

9. After cooking on the stove and it gets smokey, the vent above the stove never really seems to work.
WHY? - I have a small kitchen with a small stove, so the vent is not equipped to suck up large amounts of smoke.

10. People at the gym will just leave their weights anywhere,
instead of putting them back on the correct rack.
WHY? - Most people at the gym have their headphones in and are oblivious to what is going on around them.

11. The drawstring in clothing gets messed up in the wash.
WHY? - The drawstring is not always sewn into clothes, so it can easily slide in and out.

12. Not scrubbing the dishes well enough before putting them in the dishwasher,
so food is still left on them after the dishwasher cycle.
WHY? - The dishwasher is not as powerful as I give it credit for.

13. Traffic on Archer Road.
WHY? - The lights are never quite synched up, so cars end up getting backed up.

14. The security system in my house is too far from the door, so I always
have to sprint out after I set it.
WHY? - The person that installed it did not think about the distance from the security system to the door.

15.  Having an awkward amount of time, where you don't have enough time to really start a task.
WHY? - Some days I do not efficiently plan my day out well enough.

16. My reusable water bottle is too big for my back pack, so I have to carry it.
WHY? - Either my backpack is too small of my water bottle is too big.

17. I always lose my car keys.
WHY? - I have a habit of setting down my stuff where ever and then not being able to find it later.

18. My dog gets nervous when left alone, and then she tries to shred things.
WHY? - We rescued her as an adult, and we have no idea the things she was exposed to that would make her nervous now.

19. There are too many toilet paper options.
WHY? - Consumers like to have options when purchasing toilet papers.

20. Pearson is not a user friendly software.
WHY? - Maybe at the time Pearson was invented it was a cutting edge website.


Reflection:
I found this assignment particularly challenging.  I usually try to be a pretty optimistic person, but this assignment required me to look at things from a more negative point of view.  I do believe it was helpful though.  There were many things that I noticed on the list that I encountered often, so I am going to try and be better about changing around some things in my life to try and fix these bugs.

Comments

  1. Hello Emma,
    You hit many great points about bugs that you have. You even named some of the bugs that I didn't realize I had for example, Bug #19. I went to go buy toilet paper by myself for the first time last week and I found myself having trouble deciding which toilet paper to use. I wanted to choose one that had good quality but was also inexpensive.
    I really liked the way you centered the text on your post, however the red text was too hard on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn’t honk about a lot of these things that bugged you they also bug me to I can’t stand people who sat at the light on their phone then waste all that time so everyone behind them now has to wait in the next light. Some of us are late and it really sucks for some people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Number. 15. That is one of the most frustrating things especially on a busy day when you want to accomplish as much as possible and theres just an awkward amount of time. That happens to me most often between classes and then by the time I'm in the flow of accomplishing a task you have to quit. Also loved the way you distinguished between the bugs and the whys with color :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment